Thu, 19 March 2020
YOU DID NOT MISS EPISODE 200! We are just waiting until we can record together again to record our milestone episode. Sorry for the sound quality issues in this episode. We hate recording remotely and are bad at it.
Recorded on March 18, 2020
Our Poncho Knit Along is humming right along! Haven't picked a poncho to knit or crochet yet? Get thee over to our Poncho Bundle already! Join the Chatter thread to join in on the fun of planning!! This KAL will run until May 1, 2020.
You may have noticed that we have skipped episode 200! We are going to answer your questions during that episode. Right now, both Tracie and Barb are both "sheltering-in-place" in their respective towns due to the coronavirus and we must record remotely. We have decided to postpone Episode 200 until we can record together. Please go to this Ask Us Anything thread to post your questions.
Barb has finished
1. Beech Hill ruana by Leah McGlone, using Berroco Remix in the Strawberry colorway
2. Pioneer Braid Scarf #6 by Catherine Ryan, using Loops and Threads yarn
3. Classic Ribbed Hat by Purl Soho, using a sport-weight yarn by Rising Moon Farm
1. A total of 19 Knitted Knockers
2. Tracie's Rachel pullover by Josee Pacquin in Fyberspates Vivacious 4-ply in the Slate colorway
3. Gnome is Where You Hang your Hat by Sarah Schira
Barb continues to work on:
1. Sunnydale Cowl by Katy H. Carroll (Katinka Designs), using Malabrigo Yarn Arroyo in the Anniversario colorway
2. Rodeo Drive Poncho, using Blue Moon Fiber Arts Twisted in the Stormy Weather colorway
1. Zweig pullover by Caitlin Hunter, using the yarn from my frogged Trail Hoodie, Western Sky Knits Magnolia Sock in the Wisp colorway, and in the Sage colorway.
2. Fibonacci Waves Scarf by Carolyn Greenwood, using a Simply Sock Mini set in the Speckled colorway
Tracie continues to work on:
1. Bellefluer Cardigan in Madelinetosh Silk/Merino in the Mill Pond color way
2. 80-26 Poncho Air Lux by Fil Katia, using Leading Men Fiber Arts Show Stopper in the Wind Chill colorway
3. Socks in Night Owl Fibers Self-Striping Superwash Merino & Nylon Sock in the Koi Pond Colorway
4. Sunnydale Cowl by Katy H. Carroll, using Marianated Yarns Practicality 75/25 in the Melted Box of Crayons colorway
BOOKS (ratings are out of 5 stars)
1. My Italian Bulldozer by Alexander McCall Smith - 4 stars
2. Dopesick: Doctors and the Drug Company that Addicted America by Beth Macy - 5 stars
3. The Twenty-Ninth Day: Surviving a Grizzly Attack in the Canadian Tundra by Alex Messenger - 5 stars
1. Love Lies: A True Story of Marriage and Murder in the Suburbs by Amanda Lamb - 3 stars
2. Fates and Furies by Lauren Goff - 3 stars
Tracie talked about Vote Forward, an organization that is helping to get out the vote in November!
You Can Help!
Sending a Vote Forward letter is one of the easiest things you can do to increase turnout. It takes two minutes and one stamp, and meaningfully increases the odds that the recipient will vote. A concrete action you can take, no matter where you live, to get unlikely-to-vote fellow citizens to the polls.
Direct download: Episode_201_-_3_19_20_2.45_PM.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 2:54pm PDT