Fri, 10 February 2017
Recorded on February 8, 2017
Book Talk starts at: 32:03
The 2017 Sweater KAL is over! The Winners are announced at the end of the podcast.
Get ready for our next Knit-along! We will be hosting a Colorwork KAL starting on March 1, and ending on May 1, 2017.
Chat it up and make plans in our Colorwork KAL Chatter Thread.
Browse our Colorwork Bundle for inspiration.
Knit anything with colorwork - that means intarsia, stranded colorwork, stripes, brioch, double knitting, or slipped stitches. We encourage you to challenge yourself.
Pick a project larger than a mug cozy and you're good to go!
The Chicks will be at Stitches West 2017 - February 23-26, 2017 at the
Santa Clara Convention Center/Hyatt Regency Hotel in Santa Clara, CA. We will be having our regular meet-up in the Hyatt bar on Saturday afternoon - come see us! Also, check out the booths (and consider knitting or crocheting projects) for two of our favorite knitting charities: the Mother Bear Project will be at booth 704, and Knitted Knockers will be at in Booth 745. Also, Halos of Hope will be in Booths 7545 & 1003.
NAMASTE BAG GIVEAWAY: We have 2 Namaste Bags to give away! The first one (the larger one above) is the Harlow Bag, donated by Barb. The second one is the Poppins Bag (the smaller one below), donated by Stella650. They are both gently used...but in truth, they look brand new! Namaste is no longer in business, so if you always wanted a Namaste bag, now is your chance.
Go to our Ravelry Group and look for the Namaste Bag Giveaway and follow the prompt.
You must be a member of the group to win.
Contest ends on March 15th.
Tracie has finished:
* Pussyhat for her brother-in-law, using the Stashbusting Helix Hat pattern by Jessica Rose
* forest park cowl by Liz Abinante (free) in Noro Cash Aroha colorway 100
* A set of C-cup Knitted Knockers, using Cascade Ultra-Pima in the Sage Colorway
Barb has finished:
* a KitKat Hat by Andre Sue Knits, using Big Twist in a light raspberry colorway.
* Ex Boyfriends by Jennifer Beever using a Caron Cake in the Funfetti colorway
* Another Pussycat in Plymouth Toybox Collection Rainbow
* School's Out child's cardigan by Katya Frankel in Shaggy Bear Farms merino with Superwash and Tussah Silk
* Kallisti Cowl by Hillary Smith Callis in Caron Cake int the Blueberry Kiwi colorway
*Vanilla Socks in ONline Supersocke 100 Living Color
* Joey Sweater by Kate Oates, using Cascade Hollywood in the Walnut colorway
* Knotted Rib hat by Cheryl Beckerich, using Vanna's Choice in the Cranberry colorway
* Levitate Poncho by Yvonne Poon, using Noro Kureopatora in the 2015 colorway
* Wing Span by maylin Tri-Coterie Designs using Crystal Palace Mini Mochi in a green/blue/purple colorway
* Vanilla is the New Black by Anneh Fletcher
* Endless Spring Cardigan by Anna Rauf using GnomeAcres Sparkle Gnome in the Wuv Twue Wuv colorway
* Sabine Cardigan by Coco Knits, using Indigodragonfly Merino Single Lace in the 20,000 Lawyers Under the Sea
Tracie has finished:
* The Girls in the Garden by Lisa Jewell
* Temple Secrets by Susan Gabriel
* Pioneer Doctor: The Story of a Woman’s Work by Mari Grana
* 6oo Hours of Edward by Craig Lancaster
* The Sleeper by Emily Barr
* Bitterweet by Miranda Beverly-Whittemore
Tracie is currently reading:
* The One-in-a-Million Boy by Monica Wood
* The Last One: A Novel by Alexandra Oliva
* Commonwealth by Ann Patchett
Direct download: Episode_130_-_2_9_17_3.43_PM.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 1:32pm PDT