Sat, 16 January 2016
Recorded on January 15, 2016
Book Talk Starts at 44:37
Our Sweater KAL ends today! Listen to the end of this podcast to find out who the 4 winners are...
Announcing our next Knit Along! Yes, it's a VEST KAL/CAL. Here are the particulars:
1. The Vest KAL will run 2/15 - 5/15/16.
2. The Vest KAL includes short-sleeve sweaters.
3. Any adult-sized vest or short-sleeve sweater may be entered for the KAL
4. You must be a member of our Ravelry Group to enter.
5. Barb will start a Chatter Thread and put up a Bundle of vest patterns to start the planning.
Our first 2 Knit Lit Chicks Swap is on! The deadline has passed for you to join, but if you are participating, chatter away here. Thank you to SandraMaz, the proprietress of the SweetSerendipity37 shop on Easy and friend to our podcast for organizing the swap!
You have until February 1, 2016 to enter the giveaway for Modern Lopi: One (New Approaches to An Icelandic Classic). To win a copy of the ebook, leave a comment here.
Tracie and Barb will be at Stitches West - February 18-21, 2016 in Santa Clara, California. Come join us in the bar on Saturday afternoon for our meet-up with the Yarniacs and lots of other fun people!
Tracie and Barb will also be at 2 NoCKRs - the 2016 Northern California Knitting Retreat - registration is full.
Tracie has finished:
* Doing major sweater surgery on her Saddleback Cardigan to make it more wearable. You can see the difference between the sweater as it is in the pattern and what Tracie's looks like now!
* Fletcher hat by Elizabeth Doherty in Universal Yarn Uptown DK Anti Pilling Acrylic in the Granite colorway.
Barb has finished:
* The Etched Rio Wrap by Sarah Smuland, using Cascade 220 Sport in a dark gray colorway (pictured at left)
* Grandpa Cardigan by Joji Locatelli, using Cascade Cash Vero DK (a cashmere, merino, microfiber, and blend) in a royal blue colorway.
*Geometry Scarf by Knitculture.com, using Universal Yarns Classic Shades in a fall-colors colorway.
* a Barley Hat by TinCanKnits, using Universal Yarns Classic Shades in a fall colors colorway.
Tracie is currently working on:
* Shalom Cardigan by Meghan McFarlane in Araucania Tepa (bulky, wool/mohair/silk).
* Vanilla socks with a Fish-Lips-Kiss Heel, using Knit Picks Felici in the Baker Street colorway.
* The Starshower cowl by Hilary Smith Callis, using La Bien Aimee MCN Light in the Jon Snow colorway.
* The Meditate cowl by Elizabeth Doherty, using Redfish Dyeworks Silk Sock.
* The Longstreet shawl by Nancy Totten using Abstract Fibers Temptation in The Gorge colorway.
Barb is currently working on:
* Vanilla Socks using Fishknits Warm Heart 2-ply in the Cadillac colorway
* Winter Wander Shawl by Helen Stewart, using Invictus Yarns Victorious in the Exotic colorway and Knit Picks Aloft in the Carbon Colorway.
* Never Not Knitting Mystery Shawl KAL, using Berroco Vintage in colorway 5194.
Tracie and Barb had a short discussion regarding "Sweater Surgery". Tracie has started a thread on the Ravelry Group for all of us to talk about this topic and encourage each other to take steps to make our sweaters more wearable!
Barb and Tracie reviewed a new book from Cooperative Press, SpillyJane Knits Mittens. An enthusiastic "Thumbs Up! for this book. Want to win an ebook copy for yourself? Go on over to our Ravelry Group and go to the SpillyJane Knits Mittens thread and follow the prompts. This giveaway will end on February 15th.
Tracie has finished:
* Miss Tonks Turns to Crime by M.C. Beaton writing as Marian Chesney. Tracie recommends this book.
* The Harder They Come by T.C. Boyle. She recommends it, with reservations.
* The Brutal Telling by Louise Penney. Tracie felt it was way too long and wasn't her favorite of the Louise Penney books she has read.
Barb has finished:
* Norman Bray in the Performance of His Life by Trevor Cole. She heartily reommends this book.
* Ferris Beach by Jill McCorkle. She loved this book.
* The Life We Bury by Allen Eskers. She recommends this book.
Tracie is currently reading:
* Bellweather Rhapsody by Kate Racculia
* The Bone House by Brian Freeman
Barb is currently reading:
* Salem's Lot by Stephen King
* The Wild Inside by Christine Carbo
Direct download: Episode_106_.m4a
Category:general -- posted at: 3:09pm PDT