Thu, 18 June 2015
Book Talk starts at: 34:25
This episode was recorded on June 15, 2015.
Come participate in our Cardi/Tank or Tee KAL/CAL! You have until August 1st to complete your garment.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS! Our annual Mother Bear KAL/CAL is coming right up. All the information is here. It will run July 1 - August 30. Any bears you have made in 2015 are eligible to enter. Be sure and make a separate post for every bear you knit or crochet. And we will have PRIZES of course (cause that's just how we roll).
Barb gave a brief update on her current RV trip to Alaska. She is a fan of the British Columbia, Canada Provincial Parks and the Yukon Territorial Parks.
The Cognitive Fiber Retreat, October 10th. All the information is here.
Tracie has finished:
A special project for her friend Sahcha "Kombubucha Couture collection, which she will be showing at Paris Fashion Week in the fall! This is a picture of the "yarn" knitted up.
Barb has finished:
* Her Yowza Weigh-It Shawl #1 by Susan B. Anderson, using Miss Babs Yowza - Whatta Skein! in the Believable colorway.
* Mother Bears #54, #55, #56 9
* Woobie Monkey by Kris Carlson, using 2 colors of Knit Picks Brava Sport in brown and white.
* Antler Hat by Tin Can Knits, using Plymouth Galway Worsted
Tracie is currently knitting:
* Sev[en]circle necklace by Kristen Johnstone, using handspun by Redfish Dyeworks
* Pause by Norah Gaughan, using Berroco Mixer (Tracie has had quite a time with this garment - for full details, listen to the episode!)
* Gilda by Twisted Sisters, using Fiesta Yarns Linnette in the Clematis colorway.
* Vanilla socks, using Lisa Souza Deluxe Sock! in the Flahriddah colorway.
* Soubrette by Mary Annarella, using Madelinetosh Lace in the Georgia O'Keefe colorway.
* Wanda Estelle by Debbi Stone, using Kollage Yarns Fantastic in Slate Green.
* Vanilla socks in Berroco Sox
Barb is currently knitting:
* #21 Classic Cardigan by Sandi Prosser, using Noro Maiko in a Creme colorway.
* Radiance Shawl by Helen Stewart, using Highland Handmades Mountain Laurel Lace in the White Brook colorway/
* Crackerjack Cowl by Stacy Simpson Duke, using 4 different colors of Plymouth Yarn DK Merino Superwash in orange, black, gray and white.
* Vanilla Socks using Undead Yarn Vampyre in the Autism Awareness colorway.
* Woodfords cardigan, using Cascade Yarns Heritage Sock in a Camel colorway.
Tracie has finished:
* Someone You Know by Brian McGilloway - Thumbs Up from Tracie!
* The Winter People by Jennifer McMahon - Tracie agrees with Barb - Thumbs Up!
* Manson: The Life and Times of Charles Manson by Jeff Guinn - Thumbs Up from Tracie!
* True Porn Clerk Stories by Ali Davis - Yes - another Thumbs Up from Tracie!
* I Love You More by Jennifer Murphy - Tracie doesn't really recommend this one.
Both Tracie and Barb finished:
* The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie by Muriel Spark - Barb says Thumbs Up, Tracie doesn't agree.
Barb has finished:
* Dead Wake: The Last Crossing of the Lusitania by Eric Larson - Barb says Thumbs Up!
* The Twilight Zone Radio Dramas, Volume 1 by Kim Fields - Barb recommends it if you were a fan of the original Twilight Zone TV Series
* Bone Dust White by Karin Salvalaggio - Barb doesn't recommend it.
* The Children's Crusade by Ann Packer - Barb says Thumbs Up!
* Finding Jake by Brian Reardon - anothe Thumbs Up from Barb
Tracie did not finish Black & White by Dani Shapiro
Tracie is currently reading:
Emma: A Modern Retelling by Alexander McCall Smith (so far, she is less than impressed)
Barb is currently reading:
* Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
* Fire and Ice (Liam Campbell #1) by Dana Stabenow
* Second Glance by Jodi Picoult
* A Spool of Blue Thread by Anne Tyler
Tracie recommends the TV Show @midnight with Chris Hardwick.
Barb recommends the Netflix TV Series Grace and Frankie.
Direct download: Episode_93.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 6:40pm PDT