Recorded on January 12, 2023
Book talk starts at 24:45
Sweater KAL - 9/1/22 - 1/15/23 - be sure to listen until the end of the podcast when the prize winners of the Sweater KAL are announced!
NEW KAL! Come join us knitting or crocheting your projects with CABLES! That's right, cables. Come on over to the Cables KAL Chatter Thread to check out the rules and chat about your plans. Dates are now until 5/15/23.
Virtual Knitting Group via Zoom
Northern California Knitting Retreat news:
If you would like to attend NoCKRs at the St Francis Retreat Center in San Juan Bautista, California April 27-30, 2023, please email Tracie at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
1. Get the Groove by Hinterm Stein, using Valley Yarns Northampton Worsted in the Denim Heather colorway 2. Bankhead Hat #23 by Susie Gourlay, using Plymouth Encore Tweed
Tracie finished: 1. Vanilla Socks in Canon Hand Dyes William Merino in Waterworld Sock Set
Tracie cast on:
1. Velvet Pullover (pattern discontinued) by Ewe Knit Toronto, using Western Sky Knits Merino 17 Light dyed by Kim of Western Sky Knits and Tracie
2. Knitted Knocker in Cascade Ultra Pima
1. A Dream Life by Claire Messed - 4 stars
2. I'm Glad my Mom Died by Jeanetter McCurdy - 4 stars
3. Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend by Matthew Dicks - 5 stars
1. The Marriage Lie by Kimberly Bell - 2 stars
2. That Time I Loved You: Stories by Marianne Leung - 4 stars
3. Now is Not the Time to Panic by Kevin Wilson - 4 stars
4. I'm Glad My Mom Died by Jeanette McCurdy - 5 stars
5. God Spare the Girls by Kelsey McKinney - 4 stars
6. Miller's Valley by Abba Quindlen - 4.5 stars
7. The Push by Ashley Audrain - 2.5 stars
Tracie and Barb recommend
The Gleener for excellent, battery-free sweater shaving