Fri, 14 July 2017
Tracie apologizes for all the ambient noise in this episode. She shouldn't have been fiddling with stuff so much during recording!
Recorded on July 8, 2015
Book Talk Begins at 23:07
We hope you are participating in our Mother Bear KAL/CAL! Things to know:
1. The KAL will run from now - August 31, 2017
2. Any bears knit or crocheted in 2017 are eligible for entry into the Mother Bear FO thread.
3. Please go to the Mother Bear Pattern Page to order your pattern - they have patterns in "knit flat", "knit in the round" and "crochet".
4. After July 1, post a separate picture of each bear in a separate post in the FO thread.
We need prizes for our Mother Bear KAL! If you have a prize or prizes to donate, please contact either Tracie or Barb.
5. Be sure to note in your FO post if this is your first Mother Bear.
Thank you to everyone who has downloaded, read, and/or reviewed Tracie's novel Regret & Return: A Novel Inspired by Jane Austen’s Persuasion by Tracie Kluver Bezerra is available for $2.99, or free as part of Kindle Unlimited.
Barb highly recommends Cloudborn Fibers Wool Worsted Twist, available from Craftsy.com
* Mother Bears #109 & #110
Mother Bears #110 and #111
Barb is currently working on:
* Vanilla Socks for Will’s birthday using Knit Picks Chroma Twist in the Fog Bank colorway.
* Fiddly Bits cowl by Jana Pihota, using fingering scraps.
Tracie is currently working on:
* Fingering/sport-weight Stashbusting Helix Hat by Jessica Rose in SF State colors
* 3rd Fiddly Bits by Jane Pihota from a fingering-weight “magic cake”
* (Ho'onenea) Around the Island by Cindy Garland, using Stunning Strings Studio in Serenity in the Reflecting Pool colorway
Tracie has finished:
* The Portable Veblen by Elizabeth Mckenzie
* Bad Blood (Lucy Black #4) by Brian McGilloway
Barb is reading:
* Theft by Finding: Diaries 1977-2002 by David Sedaris
* People We Hate at the Wedding by Grant Ginder