Sun, 17 November 2019
Recorded on November 15, 2019
Book Talk begins at 45:00
It's time for our annual 2 Knit Lit Chicks Fall Sweater KAL! It is running September 15 all the way to January 15 to give you plenty of time to finish a garment. Join the Chatter Thread, and check out our sweater bundles. Challenge yourself!
Barb had information about knitting or crocheting Knitted Knockers:
1. You must use the current patterns that are on the Knitted Knockers Website. Please do not use the old patterns that had the opening on the side! The opening should be in the back.
2. Do not "cinch" or pull the knocker "closed" at the end. The opening must remain open so the recipient can add or take out the polypill to fit properly.
3. Please stuff with poly fill only! Do not use yarn scraps, or quilt batting, etc.
4. Please do not overstuff the knocker.
Barb has finished:
1. Multidirectional Scarf #5 by Karen Baumer, using Caron Cake in the Faerie Cakes Colorway
2. 3 Never Not Gnoming Gnomes by Sarah Schira using fingering scraps
3. Barb's Here We Gnome Again by Sarah Shira using Plymouth Galway Dark Coral Rose
4. October Cheeky Cables Socks (pattern by Mary Lukas) using Desert Vista Dyeworks Viso in the Donkeys and Elephants color way
Tracie has finished
1. Tutti Frutti by Miriam Pike in Rising Moon Farm in the Irish Splash colorway
4. Tracie's Heading North Hat by Rebecca Shepler
5. Tracie's Kaiya Mei hat by Jamie Hoffman
6. Tracie's Love the Winter hat by Emily Dormier
Barb contines to work on:
Barb has cast on:
1. November Speckled Gradient Desert Vista Dyeworks socks, using Desert Vista Dyeworks Viso in the It's a Very Speckled Gradient Christmas colorway
2. The Great British Baking Shawl MKAL by Lyricalknits using Duren Dyeworks My Precious Fingering in the Fern colorway, Bella Hand Dyed Yarn Mendocino in the Imperial colorway, Auraucania Ramco Solide fingering in the 124Red colorway, and Western Sky Knits Magnolia Sock in the Wisp colorway.
3. Declan's Hat#2 by Samantha Kirby, using Paton's Classic Wool in a denim colorway.
Tracie continues to work on:
1. Bulky Top Down Pullover for Men by Knitting Pure and Simple
And has Cast On:
Seed Stitch scarf in Tess Designer yarns Superwash merino Worsted in tonal charcoal grey
1. The Guest Book by Sarah Blake - thumbs up
2. The Hypnotist’s Love Story by Liane Moriarty - thumbs up
3. Boar Island (Anna Pigeon #19) by Nevada Barr - thumbs up
4. The Absolute Brightness of Leonard Pelkey by James Lecesne - thumbs up
5. You Can Thank Me Later by Kelly Harms - thumbs up
1. A Head Full of Ghosts by Paul Tremblay - thumbs up