Sat, 6 April 2019
Recorded on April 3, 2019
Book Talk begins at 36.40
Our 2019 Colorwork KAL will continue until May 15, 2019. Come join the conversation on the Chatter Thread, and post your finished objects on the FOs thread.
We are giving away a copy of the Frost Heaves Cowl by Bronwyn the Brave. Comment on the thread to be entered to win. The contest will end on April 20. Bronwyn has also set up a coupon code for $2 off the Frost Heaves pattern: THELONGWINTER, and says “It’s a nod to the Laura Ingalls Wilder book, not to mention this crazy winter we’ve had.”
Tracie has finished
1. a few Knitted Knockers in Cascade Pima Cotton, CoBaSi and Fibra Natura Radiant Cotton
2. Little Unicorn by Lorraine Pistorio in Berocco Elements in 4937 Bismuth, James C Brett Twinkle Fashion DK, etc
Barb has finished
1. Donner by Elizabeth Doherty, using Cloudborn Fibers Superwash Twist Sock in the Grey Heather color way
2. Sally Stripe Scarf by Tara Miller using Cloudborn Sprightly in the Black, Orange and Yellow color ways.
3. Vanilla socks using Desert Vista Dyeworks Viso in Grunge
Tracie continues to work on:
1. Judah Cardigan by Juliana Lustenader in Tahki Yarns Cotton Classic in Spruce
2. Confetti by Veera Valimaki in Anzula Nebula in Lottie and Knit Picks Hawthorne Fingering Multi in Rockaway
3. Fiddly Bits #7 by Jane Pihota in sport weight yarns
4. Jewel Box Cowl in Stunning String Studios Stunning Superwash in Jewel Box minis colorway
5. Sand Layers by Lisa Hannes in January Yarns Staple Sock in Lucky and Serendipidye Kings Mountain Sock in Acapandemonium
1. Fox Paws by Xandy Peters, using a Craftsy Fox Paws Kit (utilizing Clouborn Highland Sport) in the Winter Sky color combination.
2. Shetland Peerie Mittens MKAL by Kathy Lewiniski, using Knit Picks Palette in the Pimento, Blush, Grey and White colorways
3. Christmas Vanilla Socks, using The Yarn Jar Shop sock yarn in The Grinch colorway
4. Gnome de Plume MKAL by Sarah Schira using scrap yarn
5. Knitted Knockers, using Cloudborn Fibers Pima Cotton DK
6. Her 8th Stashbusting Helix hat in DK yarn scraps
She has cast on:
1. April's socks for The Fifth Annual Desert Vista Dyeworks Monthly Sock Club, using Desert Vista Dyeworks Viso in the Tea for Two colorway
Tracie has finished:
1. The View from Penthouse B by Elinor Lipman
2. Winterkill (Joe Pickett, #3) by C.J. Box
Barb has finished
1. The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides - she thought it was pretty good until the completely improbable ending.
2. Bad Blood: Secrets and Lies in a Silicon Valley Startup by John Carreyrou - Barb HIGHLY recommends this book!
3. The River by Peter Heller - Barb recommends this good book.
4. The Blissfully Dead (Detective Patrick Lennon #2) by Mark Edwards and Louise Voss - a good quick read.
Tracie is currently reading:
1. Daisy Fay and the Miracle Man by Fannie Flagg
2. Holding by Graham Norton
Barb is currently reading:
1. Tear Me Apart by J.T. Ellison
2. Beshert by Erin Gordon
Tracie discussed the effects of plastic trash on the environment and recycling. 2 websites she found interesting are:
1. Plastic recycling waste/ocean trash - National Geographic
2. Recycling Crisis - The Week
Direct download: Episode_179_-_4_6_19_12.31_PM.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 1:16pm PDT