Sat, 15 December 2018
Recorded on December 10, 2018
Book talk starts at 34:03
There is no Episode 171! We recorded it twice...both times with technical difficulties. We took it as a sign that the universe doesn't want us to put out an Episode 171.
Our Fall Sweater KAL is ongoing. Join our chatter thread and post your finished sweaters in the FOs thread. Our very lively Chatter thread is here. And you can post pictures of your gorgeous finished sweaters here!
Barb and Tracie discussed the book, The Shawl Society Season 1 by Helen Stewart. It is a beautiful book. You can win an autographed copy of this book by going to our Ravelry group and entering the contest.
1. Here We Gnome Again, worsted weight Gnomes with cabled details) by Sarah Schira, using Plymouth Galway Worsted in a raspberry color way
2. Barley Hat by Tin Can Knits using Malabrigo Rios in the Cirrus Gray color way
3. Barb's Giants' Rib-A-Roni hat by Jane Tanner, using Cloudborn Fibers Sprightly Acrylic Worsted
2. Galactic Hat by Julianna Puccini in the newborn size
3. Never Not Gnoming gnome by Sarah Schira
4. 2nd Katia Cat Scarf in Katia Cat Scarf
Barb cast on:
2. The Done by Halloween Harry Potter House Scarf by Abby Tohline using 2 colors of Cloudborn Sprightly Acrylic Worsted in a Black color way and a dark orange colorway.
Tracie continues to work on:
1. Fiddly Bits #7 by Jane Pihota in sport weight yarns
3. Vanilla Socks in Urth Uneek Sock, color #54
2. Zephyr cardigan by Celia McAdam Cahill, using Elemental Effects Cormo Sport in the Cypress colorway
1. Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult
2. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
3. The Stranger in the Woods: The Extraordinary Story of the Last True Hermit by Stephen Finkel
4. All Happy Families by Jeanne McCullough
1. In the Unlikely Event by Judy Blume
2. The Rabbi and the Hitman by Arthur J. Majida
3. You'll Never Know, Dear by Hattie Ephron
4. Career of Evil (Cormoran Strike #3) by Robert Galbraith (J.K. Rowling)
Tracie is reading:
1. The Actor's Life: A Survival Guide by Jenna Fischer
Podcasts mentioned on Barb's Thumbs Up:
1. The Dream
In Thumbs Up/Thumbs Down, Tracie talked about her very special Christmas Light Affixing Gadget that she invented: