Fri, 19 October 2018
Recorded October 16, 2018
Book Talk starts at 36:10
Our Summer Swap is over! If you haven't received your package yet, it is on it's way!
Our Fall Sweater KAL has begun! Join our chatter thread and post your finished sweaters in the FOs thread. Our very lively Chatter thread is here. And you can post pictures of your gorgeous finished sweaters here!
The One Perfect Skein pattern by Fredi Baker has been released, and we are giving away 3 copies! Please leave a comment on the prize thread telling us what yarn you would use to knit it to be entered to win. This contest will end on October 31st.
1. 4 Never Not Gnoming gnomes by Sarah Schira
2. Jayla's F829 Girls Poncho, using Premier Yarns Sweet Roll in the Pixie Pop colorway. This was knit for granddaughter/niece Jayla 10th birthday!
3. Garter Bliss Shawl by Faith Schmidt, using Dizzy Blond Studios Lambie Toes in the I Aim to Misbehave colorway. This was knit for Barb's swap partner, Angela.
5. 2 Knitted Knockers
Tracie has finished:
1. Tracie's Little Hipster Cardigan by Kate Gondwana in Juniper Moon Cumulus in the Aquarium colorway
2. Fiddly Bits #6 by Jane Pihota
3. Rikke Hat #2 by Sarah Young in Knitting Fever Painted Mist in the Venice Carnival colorway
1. Archer by Elizabeth Doherty, using Forbidden Woolery Fortitude in the Pixie Hollow colorway, and The Farmer’s Daughter Squish Fingering in the Are You Sure Hank done it That Way? colorway.
3. Suburban Wrap by Joji Locatelli, using Lisa Souza Dyeworks Deluxe Sock and Hu made Made Twist
4. Socks for Will using Opal yarn.
1. Wild Dandelion Hat by Thea Coleman, using Barrett Wool Co. Home Worsted Weight in the Folkstone colorway
Tracie is working on:
1. Zephyr cardigan by Celia McAdam Cahill, using Cascade Hollywood In the Walnut colorway
2. Bellora Tee by Samantha Kirby, using Knit Picks Lindy Chain in the Thicket and Harbor colorways
3. Sand Layers by Lisa Hannes in January Yarns Staple Sock in Lucky and Serendipidye Kings Mountain Sock in Acapandemonium
4. Archer by Elizabeth Doherty in Dizzy Blonde Studios Dizzy Color in Delete and Shaggy Bear Farms Merino with Superwash and Tussah Silk LF in cornflower blue
Barb has finished:
1. A Town Like Alice by Nevil Schute
2. Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri
3. Girls and Boys by Dennis Kelly
4. The People vs Alex Cross by James Patterson
5. The Ocean Liner by Marius Gabriel
Tracie has finished:
1. To Die For by Joyce Maynard
2. Trespassing by Brandi Reeds
3. Deception by Jonathan Kellerman
Barb is currently reading
1. Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery
2. A Fall of Marigolds by Susan Meissner
3. Abide With Me by Elizabeth Strout
Mentioned: Imagined Landscapes podcast
3. Fraulein Maria's Bicycle Tour of Salzburg, Austria
Thumbs Down: SUTMM Wine Opener - Barb says "don't waste your money"
Direct download: Episode_168_-_10_19_18_12.20_PM.mp3
Category:general -- posted at: 12:32pm PDT