Sat, 9 June 2018
Recorded on June 6, 2018
Book Talk starts at
Get ready for our summer swap (slated to begin in late June), hosted by the wonderful Sandra (SweetSerendipity37). Check out this thread and vote to let Sandra know you’d like to participate.
We are hosting our annual Mother Bear KAL starting June 1, and ending on August 31, 2018. Any bears you have knit or crocheted in 2018 are eligible to be entered for prizes. If you want more information about the Mother Bear Project, please go here. Don't have a pattern? Please go here to order a pattern! It will be sent via US mail with a very short turn-around time. Our FO thread is here - please post a separate photo for each bear you make! And thank you to our wonderful listeners and vendor friends for donating prizes for the KAL.
3. Mother Bears #132, 133, 134
1. Mother Bears 125-130
1. Tale as Old as Time Cowl by Anne Vally, using Must Stash Yarns & Fiber Perfect Self-Striping Sock in the Beauty and the Beast colorways
Barb has cast on:
2. Rose City Rollers by Mara Catherine Byner, using leftover Knit Picks Hawthorne Speckle Yarn in the Cosmic Speckle colorway
1. Let’s Explore Diabetes with Owls by David Sedaris
2. Knitlandia by Clara Parkes
3. The Glass Forest by Cynthia Swanson
4. Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
5. The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane by Lisa See
Tracie has finished:
1. Light in August by William Faulkner
2. Beyond Obsession: The Shocking True Story of a Teenage Love Affair Turned Deadly by Richard Hammer
Barb is currently reading:
The House by the River by Lena Manta
Tracie is currently reading:
2. The Hot House: Life inside Leavenworth Prison by Pete Earley
2. The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling
Tracie recommends the podcast Little House on the Podcast.